Saturday, February 8, 2014

I'm going to try this...

I've recently started following Judy Laquidara - she quilts, and knits, and probably does 1 or 2 dozen other things too.  She hosts a number of blog "group projects" - one of which is "On the Needles".  What you do is take a picture of your current knitting project, and post it on Fridays.  We got home rather late last evening, and I didn't really feel like posting my knitting then, so I'll do it now; I'll do my best to post my progress weekly.
This is a kit that I won in a draw last year.  The Craft Supply store in Sarnia was celebrating their 10th anniversary, and anyone that purchased anything had their name entered in a draw for a number of different projects.  Imagine my surprise when I got a call from them a few days later, telling me that I had won!  I set it aside when I got home - I wasn't sure what I'd do with a sweater like this.  In the meantime, my go-to, absolutely FAVOURITE sweater developed a hole in the left elbow area, and the same thing happened to my back-up sweater.  I noticed the bag with this project Thursday afternoon, so I picked it up and started the back ribbing then.  I took it with me when I visited my dad that evening, and it came along with me when we went to Sarnia for an overdue anniversary supper yesterday with our daughter and son-in-law.  We watched Despicable Me after supper, and this mostly mindless knitting proceeded at a great pace!
I've just taken the picture of it, and I might try to get to the armholes tonight while watching some Olympic coverage - and here it is:

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is lovely! Pretty blues and greys striping all by themselves. This will be fun to watch grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarn!! I admire those who can knit sweaters.

    ReplyDelete