Sunday, February 16, 2014

Time for a few cards!

It's been quite a while since I shared some new cards, so I'm going to change that right now.  I haven't needed any new cards lately, and now I suddenly needed 3 birthday cards.  I love Pinterest for inspiration, and that's where I went last night for some ideas.  I managed to give one card away without taking a picture of it first, but I grabbed shots of the other 2 - and here they are:
The owl card is for a young woman, and I thought that she'd enjoy the quirky owl.  The original card used a larger scalloped circle behind the owl, but I still haven't found everything back after my craft space reorganization.  Some of the parts that I needed for my Cuttlebug are still MIA, so this embossed flower petal is the best substitute that I had.  I had made another owl card just before this one, but I used brown cardstock for that one, and decided that I wanted something a little more cheerful than that, so So Saffron it was!
This second card is for an older friend - he enjoys the beauty of  nature (even bare, wintry trees!), so Lovely As A Tree was the stamp set I used.  I love how versatile the different tree stamps are!  This card idea looked really interesting - let's just say that making it well after midnight wasn't the BEST idea... but I think it turned out really well!  Once I got started, I began to worry about getting the spacing "just right" between the highlighted trees, but it really wasn't a problem after all.  I just might make this card again for a "Thank You / Happy Retirement" card - I'm going to need one of those in a week or so...









No comments:

Post a Comment