Sunday, March 16, 2014

More scrappy goodness!

I still have one project for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge...
A few weeks ago, I worked on a scrappy quilt project that is one of our Guild challenges - to make a completed project, at least crib-sized, ENTIRELY from stash.  I found the perfect quilt design in an older issue of Scrap Quilts, and managed to get the top done.  I had so much fun doing it, (and fabrics cut for it!), so I decided to make one more RSC project.
I used the same taupe and white fabric for the starter strips (most of it ends up being cut off), and then I started to add, first, my dark and bright blues, followed by February's pinks, and then March's teal / aqua challenge fabrics.  I decided to use only 3 sections each month, hoping that I'll end up with a quilt large enough for at least a child's quilt, or even maybe a lap-quilt for someone confined to a wheelchair.
Of course, now that I have this month's projects done, I'm eager to find out what April's colour will be!  A lovely bright green perhaps?  That would be encouraging for us - we've still got snow in the forecast for Wednesday and Saturday....
The strips so far:

2 comments:

  1. Your braid strips look lovely. Nice idea to make several with a definite plan for number of each colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Was this difficult to make? It is a great scrap buster and I need to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete