Monday, July 14, 2014

July's colour - RED!

Okay, so I'm just a wee bit late posting this, but, better late than never, right?  I grabbed a bit of sewing time late Saturday evening, and managed to get 2 sets of blocks done.  It's so much easier to do that when you have your fabrics cut ahead of time.  I think I spent 1 1/2 hours cutting one afternoon, but didn't have time to sew then - and that's how I managed to pull these blocks together in such a short time.
First up - my Kickin' Stash blocks:
Trust me - that one strip in the left-hand block IS red (and white), so, even though it shows up as pink, it's not!

Next up are the Japanese x and + blocks - and this time, I sorted my reds into "true" reds for 2 blocks, and the other 2 blocks are more "earthy" reds.  I really wanted to give all my reds a fair shot!  It should be fairly obvious which blocks are which:
  I still have my Technicolour Braid blocks to do, but I have to save something for next week!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your red so far. Looking good. Those + and x blocks are neat.

    ReplyDelete