Friday, February 20, 2015

On my needles Feb. 20

...and here I am again, with another knitting post!  Last week, I was busy knitting a baby sweater for our neighbour's baby - and that's still a work in progress - except there hasn't been any progress this past week...  It's been a busy week, and it's been REALLY cold, and I've been having a hard time staying warm.  I was really excited to find a pattern for knitted socks using worsted weight yarn - they'd be quick to make, and warm!  I had just bought some great variegated WW yarn, so I cast the socks on late Wed., and have managed to squeeze in some knitting time the last 2 days.  I'm happy to say that I have the first one done, and the 2nd one about 3/4 done.  The heel is done differently than I'm used to - with short row wraps, but it wasn't too difficult to figure out.  I had to pull up a video on grafting the toes - I don't knit socks often enough to remember how to do it.  The one side doesn't look that great, but it will be inside my shoes or slippers, so no one will see it - and it won't affect the warmth, so I'm not going to worry about it.  Here's how they look:
And now I'm going to try to finish the 2nd one before I go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh...what great socks! I love how the colors pooled! They look toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks look great. The colors are pooling so uniquely. What is the name of the yarn. I haven't tried worsted yarn yet for anything, but it's in my near future.

    ReplyDelete