Friday, November 20, 2015

The top is finished...

Well, I've completed my floral striped quilt top.  I don't know if there's a name for this pattern - I saw a picture of it online somewhere and realized that it would be easy enough to make without a proper pattern. I've used leftover fabrics from the large-scale florals that I'm using for the swap with Cathy, and terracotta and yellow Kona cottons.
When I had the rows done, I thought they looked unfinished, so I sewed terracotta strips up the sides.  I like the look!  What do you think?

Now that this top is done, I discovered that I have enough leftover floral panels to make at least one more quilt like this!  I'll have to find more fabric for the alternate stripes - shucks, that means that I may have to go shopping again...!
I'm linking up to Sarah's "Can I Get a whop-whoop?" post.

1 comment: