Monday, February 1, 2016

Design Wall - Mon. Feb. 1st

Well folks, this is a first!  I've never posted a design wall picture before, mostly because I don't have a design wall.  I have a wall in my quilting space, but it's got really wild wallpaper on it (thanks mom and dad!).  My hubby has offered to create a design wall for me, but it hasn't happened so far...
But today I decided that I'm just going to pin my current WIP to the wall, and then take a picture and blog about it!  So, without further ado, here's my Friendship Stars quilt:
It's a good thing that I tacked it up - I discovered that I'd sewn one star point on upside down!  (it's been fixed).  The next row is assembled, but supper needed to be prepared, and I decided to feed us - the strip will still be there tomorrow.  I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to make the quilt, or whether I'll add borders or... whatever!
I also wanted to share a new scrappy project that I stumbled on a few weeks ago.  I found a new blog: Kat & Cat Quilts, and was intrigued by the scrap quilts that she makes for a charity (Covered in Love).  The blocks are made by quilters across North America, and are then sent to her to be made into charity quilts.  I love the idea, and asked for more info.  As a result of that conversation, I'm making a few blocks with this month's pattern - the split nine-patch.  Kat suggested cream, off white and soft greys for the light side of the blocks, and evergreen, dark sea-foam green, navy, denim, and dark grey for the dark side.  I've made up two blocks - hope I got the colours okay!  I'd love to have you check it out - and maybe contribute a block or two!
I'm going to link up to Judy's Design Wall post, and while I'm at it, I'll link up yesterday's Quilty 365 January round-up picture at Quilty Folk!



No comments:

Post a Comment